Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Rush

I am one of those people who usually have their Christmas shopping done in October.  Not this year...  and I am now in a panic.  I promised my 2 kids and my son-in-law and my son's girlfriend quilts for Christmas.  After getting my new Janome for a gift from my husband last Christmas, I got caught up in the moment and really had no idea what I was saying.  I hadn't made a quilt in over 30 years,  just got carried away with my new machine. What a fool!  Now I am scrambling....no baking has been done, no wrapping, no Christmas cards this year, finally mailing the few packages tomorrow that have to be mailed.  Still not done shopping, but maybe, just maybe, there is a light at the end of the tunnel........

These are for the girls, all washed and waiting for labels.  Will show after Christmas as my daughter reads this blog.


My son-in-law's QOV is now ready for binding as I write this.....


And my son's in still just a quilt top...my weekend project.........


My first quilt in this process was for me, to kind of practice before I made some for gifts, but as it's pictured with its backing and binding still in a pile, it obviously has taken a back seat in my frantic race to finish.


I did manage to do a little work with wool...at least that's calming.



This one was going to be my Christmas quilt after seeing the pattern in Quilt Mania last year.  It was done in applique, I chose to do it in wool, but only got the center block done.  It'll have to be my Christmas quilt for next year...(sigh).


I did complete a few gifts...some bags for close friends, that I forgot to photograph before sending....and a new mini quilt for my guest room that I recently painted.  



And some embroidery............


Maybe I can get some decorating in before the kids arrive from Colorado.....or maybe I'll still be sewing the bindings on Christmas Eve.




1 comment:

  1. Love them all! Wish they were ALL for ME!

    - Donna

    ReplyDelete