Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Finishes

I had almost 2 weeks off from work...you would think I would have accomplished more!  I did, however, get to spend time with my hubby, ride in my convertible ( with the heated seats on and the heat blasting BUT the top was down), and visit some wonderful old friends in Connecticut.  Oh..there was also a spring shop hop going on in Maine, so I did visit 15 out of 37 shops and did my best to help stimulate the local economy.  These are a few of the things I did manage to complete:

A new table runner for the kitchen table from some Tilly fabric I won from Blend Fabrics a few months ago.



A computer sleeve for my son, who actually asked me to make it for him!  I was thrilled to do it and found the perfect fabric as he is a television weenie.  One of the shops in the hop gave away FQ of The Three Stooges....how appropriate for a guy project, I used it as lining.




Then there were pincushions.................





And lastly wool....which is the most relaxing thing I do!  This was from the Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine.  My photography does not do justice to the beautiful hand dyed and mottled wool from Attic Heirlooms and Pins and Needles Quilt Shop.



  What didn't get done was the quilting and binding of my Starburst Quilt.......oh well!

3 comments:

  1. very pretty projects. Love the pink flowered quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header photo, such wonderful projects! I would say you had a very productive 2 weeks, I'm loving the pincushions and the pink flowered quilt is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of shopping - I love pincushions - I have a collection of 40+.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete