Saturday, May 3, 2014

Triangle Quilt ALong - Better Under Pressure

The deadline for the Triangle Quilt Along with the Sassy Quilter is tonight at midnight...a finished quilt...something I have a problem with.  Well, the finishing part anyways.  I have no problems starting them and folding them and adding them to a pile.  But tonight, with 2 hours to spare, I actually have a finished, washed and cuddly quilt...made up of 204 triangles!




I used a FQ bundle of Hand Drawn Garden and matching solids that I got from Amanda at
Westwood Acres Fabric when I won a giveaway over Thanksgiving.  I used a Riley Blake orange print for the backing and quilted it in a spiral with Aurifil thread.

I did take a mini vacation to beautiful Marco Island, Florida in the midst of this quilt along..that was going to be my excuse.  But now, I don't need one !!  What a new and exciting feeling !!



16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! Love the mix of solids and prints and the quilting is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spiral quilting is simply stunning! I am glad someone was brave enough:) You really did an amazing job. Congrats! Thanks so much for quilting along with me Joyce:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this bundle worked perfectly for this quilt, congrats on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! it is fabulous! Wish I was lying on that beach, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing is your quilt it is beautiful, I am on the verge of wanting to learn how to quilt and seeing work like yours inspires me so much...very envious of your beach pics as it is so dark and grey in the uk at the moment!
    bestest wishes
    Daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a wonderful finish,.Thanks for the share.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete